The more you know about SOMAH, the better you can advocate to your landlord. You can start by going to the website at CalSOMAH.org and learning more about the program. Some highlights to share with your property manager and landlord:
- SOMAH saves on energy costs, reducing the overall costs of powering the building and keeping energy costs stable even when utility rates fluctuate
- SOMAH provides up to 100% of the funding for solar installation on qualifying buildings
- SOMAH automatically enrolls tenants into Energy Saving Assistance Program (ESA) to help further reduce tenants' energy use.
- SOMAH benefits tenants as well as owners, through bill credits and cleaner air
- SOMAH supports economic opportunity and growth in your community, creating jobs and developing solar careers
- SOMAH can help your building and your neighborhood go carbon-free, contributing to a healthier community and planet
- SOMAH provides free upfront technical assistance to help the building owner understand the solar potential for their building, and the costs and the benefits of moving forward with a SOMAH project